Aggro Me: Answer Me
Okay, time for the results of the Aggro Me MMO Trivia contest. Thanks to all who entered.
The answers are:
1. We hear the word "proc" all the time but what is the origin of the term? Well, since I initially asked the question I have researched conflicting origins for this term: Process Request on Contact, Special Procedure and Programmed Random Occurrence. Credit was given to any of these three. Since the winner won by two points, this was not a decisive question. I'm pretty sure the real origin is the answer I initially had, Special Procedure. But I'd love to hear from someone who knows for sure.
2. What multiplayer space action game features the "Skithzar Kragath" craft? Cosmic Rift by SOE
3. What MMO features "tests" such as pilgrimage, marriage and safari?
A Tale in the Desert
4. Prior to 1998, 989 Studios was known under what name? Sony Interactive Studios America
5. In what parody game can you play as a Panda Man Tickle-Mimic?
6. What does KEI stand for?
Koadic's Endless Intellect
7. Name a playable race from Hibernia.
Celt, Firbolg, Lurikeen, Elf, Sylvan, Shar (Dark Age of Camelot)
8. What game features Notum? Anarchy Online
9. Rise of Chaos is an expansion pack for what game?
10. In what MMO does drinking alcohol turn the body red and increase attack speed for 60 seconds? (this is a tough one)
11. Over what internet platform was Gemstone first played?
12. What console was Phantasy Star Online released on?
13. What was a "door game" played on?
A BBS or Bulliten Board System
14. What was the MMO Lineage named after?
A series of comic books by Shin Il-sook
15. From what game did the term "zerg" originate?
16. In what game would PED be useful?
17. And the answer to the bonus question: What has been the most common search engine keyword or keywords (besides "Aggro" or "Aggro Me") that has brought people to this site? (Hint: It's funny)
Believe it or not: Ceciliantas! The topic of my sixth blog post ever. Thanks Cecil. Lately, "Anna Wainscoat" and "Soga Models" have been creeping up the list, but Cecil still retains the all-time historical top spot.
And now to announce our grand prize winners! Who is the MMO master? Whose cuisine reigns supreme?
First Prize: Anskiere (Out of a lot more entries then I expected, Anskiere was the high scorer with 16, getting all correct with the exception of the final question).
Second Prize: KirkGibson (who scored 14 and told me in his e-mail that he actually quit playing EQII but still reads the blog - oh well, he can use his EQII Map as a sunshade).Grats to the victors and thanks again to all who participated. I will be contacting the winners shortly to send out their prizes. Keep an eye out - there may be another contest in the future. Next time I might even know all the answers!