Aggro Me: 19B
Well, I covered Test Update 19A in a two-parter last week and now 19B has rolled around.
The main portion of it is really the new character progression which I have discussed previously. I will comment on how I think it turned out once I spend some more time going through it. But I would like to note one item in the new character progression notes:
Racial Quest Paths
- Upon leaving the island and arriving in your home village or district, you will begin a new series of quests designed specifically for your race.
- These quests will provide a greater understanding of your race's history and how it fits into the fabric of your home city.
I think that's really cool. I always felt that race didn't mean a whole lot in EQII except for your starting stats and visual look. The idea of racially specific content is a great one. It draws you more into the EQII world, let's you enjoy different content if you have an alt of a different race and adds a feeling of diversity. I can't wait to check it out.
If you don't want to wait for my first-hand report, which may be a while, I recommend either the official testing feedback forum or this two part report on Ten Ton Hammer (while you're there also check out the interview with the person who created an EQII themed beer - how cool is that?). Also, it is briefly reviewed (quite positively) on the latest EQ2-Daily podcast.
- A message is now broadcast to the entire server when a guild reaches level 10, 20, 30, or 40.
Very cool. When my guild hit level 30 back in July, I said, "a server wide message would have been nice." Gaining guild levels is a nice accomplishment in EQII. It really takes teamwork and is something the whole guild can share in and enjoy. So it's nice to have that accomplishment recognized.
- You can now access your house vault from any house via a new right click menu option on the interior door and market board. Yes, this means you can open up your vault from a friend's house that you're allowed to sell from!
Damn you SOE. I had already started writing a post about shared housing issues and you beat me to the punch. I really think this is awesome for people who share housing space (and I know there are a lot). I also see it as a substantial step on the road to official guild housing.
- Health, power, and resists have been added to the dropdown in the Broker search window.
I almost missed seeing this note but I am pretty happy about it. Just the other night I was trying to get some additional resist gear for raiding on the broker. But I got frustrated with looking through random items and gave up. Now I will be able to accomplish my goals with ease. Will this work for potions? The potion names are kind of irrelevant and I would like an easier way to grab some heat resist (or whatever kind of resist I'm looking for that night) potions.
I think it's a nice second part to an already great Update.